GiantsKnitter

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Eileen has arrived! June 7, 2007

Well, it's taken a whle and other projects have come through, but I finally finished my "Eileen" tank from No Sheep for You edited by Amy Singer. The "Eileen" pattern was great for a newbie lace knitter. It was designed by Jillian Moreno whose directions were clear, the chart super easy to follow. After a couple of false starts with different yarns, I settled on one of my new favorites Knitting Fever's King Tut cotton in color #1130 (orange) that I found on eBay. Gotta' love eBay! I made a few tiny changes to the design. #1 - I made it a bit longer, #2 - I did not add the edging to the armholes, and #3 I shortened the armholes (the full 8" for my size would have been way too long). My upper arms are basically like big hams and they do not require enhancement of tight tank armholes...I think the scoopy armholes are much more flattering.

So here she is: Eileen



But wait, there's more!!!



And more...



And still more... And this, my friends is the money shot!!



I would like to give a big shoutout to my Thursday knitting pal NittanyKnits for the excellent lakeside photography! Many thanks!

Now, when the lace shrugs from Lace Style get back from their trip to Italy, I will post pictures of them as well.

I have been a finishing fool of late! My Mom would have been so proud!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic...and it looks even better in person. I am so glad I got to see it. I think you have inspired me to knit one for my mom.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    It is a masterpiece!! I love it!

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger brsmaryland said…

    It is so beautiful!! You did a great job and you look great wearing it.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Nittany Knits said…

    You look sooo great in this!!!!

    You have knit so many beautiful things this spring. We aren't worthy:-)

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Large Marge said…

    WOW! i wish i could have seen it in person!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! That looks great! I've been looking at that pattern for a while. I may have to make one of those soon.
    Thanks for the suggestion of a new series to read. I love finding a new set of books to enjoy and those park ranger ones sound really cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buttons:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Powered by Blogger